Photocells, a product line that is part of Leviton Manufacturing’s lighting and energy solution offerings, are made for efficiency and energy usage reductions. These devices are capable of monitoring task lighting as well as ambient lighting levels, using this collected information to communicate with other components in an integrated control system and carry out automated lighting level adjustments based on user configurations.
Leviton Photocell lights work extremely well when installed in environments with significant amounts of ambient light, especially open spaces and constructions with numerous windows. They are compatible with other devices in Leviton’s lighting control system line, with the benefit for consumers and engineers of making reliable daylight harvesting a feature of offices and other types of commercial establishment applications.
- ODC0P-D0W - LIGHTSENSOR LV INDOOR DDimming Low Voltage Photocell, 32-1722fc, 1-10VDC Sink, Surface Mount - Diffuse Lens. +24Vdc supply, +10Vdc output.
- ODC0P-S0W - SW LIGHTSENSOR LV INDOOSwitching Low Voltage Photocell, 0-750fc, Surface Mount - Diffuse Lens. +24Vdc supply, +10Vdc output.
- ODC0P-W - Centura PhotocellCentura Photocell For Use With Centura Dimming Power Pack Only , UPC: 07847704732
- PCATR - Photocell Atrium PLCPhotocell - Atrium 2-2500fc (Out of the Box Default: 2-1000fc)
- PCC1D-W - LINEV PC 1 ZONE DIMMINGLine Voltage Ceiling Mount Photocell, Low profile 1 Zone, Dimming, (1) 0-10VDC Sinking control Signal and (1) relay rated 120-277VAC 50/60Hz. Includes (1) configurable manual switch or BMS/Load Shed input and emergency.
- PCC1S-W - LINEV PC 1 ZONE SWITCHILine Voltage Ceiling Mount Photocell, Low profile 1 Zone, (1) relay rated 120-277VAC 50/60Hz. Includes (1) manual switch and emergency input.
- PCC2D-W - LINEV PC 2 ZONE DIMMINGLine Voltage Ceiling Mount Photocell, Low profile 2 Zone, Dimming, (2) 0-10VDC Sinking control Signal and (2) relay rated 120-277VAC 50/60Hz. Includes (1) configurable manual switch or BMS/Load Shed input and emergency.
- PCC2S-W - LINEV PC 2 ZONE SWITCHILine Voltage Ceiling Mount Photocell, Low profile 2 Zone, (2) relays rated 120-277VAC 50/60Hz. Includes (1) manual switch and emergency input.
- PCCSD-W - LINEV PC 1Z DIM 2 SWITCLine Voltage Ceiling Mount Photocell, Low profile 1 Zone, Dimming, (1) 0-10VDC sinking control signal and (2) relays rated 120-277VAC 50/60Hz. Includes (1) configurable manual switch or BMS/Load Shed input and emergency.
- PCIND - Photocell Indoor PLCPhotocell - Indoor 0-750fc (out of the box default: 0-100fc)
- PCOUT - Outdoor PhotocellOutdoor Photocell, 0-750fc. Out of the Box Default 0-250fc, UPC: 07847723561
- PCOUT-SV - Outdoor Photocell SVPLCSide View Photocell, Outdoor IP20 Rating. Configurable 55-5500fc. Factory Default 3-380fc. +24VDC Supply, +0-
- PCSKY - Photocell Skylight PLCPhotocell - Skylight 10-7500fc (Out of the Box Default: 10-2000fc)
Within the area of lighting controls, there are many benefits provided by the installation of Photocells. The first is that lighting can be consistently maintained at an optimal level defined by users, something which also invariably results in a higher amount of comfort for employees and increases overall productivity. Carrying out daylight harvesting with these devices is marked by convenience and automation that can be seamlessly paired with other compatible lighting control products from Leviton.
A second important benefit of Photocell technology is that, overall, it assists in lowering electricity costs by creating reductions in lighting usage. This is because of its reliance on ambient natural light as a way to avoid fixture and accessory overuse. Where certain applications allow for it, the maintenance of lumens is also a potential option for daylight harvesters.
Advantages of Daylight Harvesting Technology
As soon as a control device is connected to a photocell, measurements of light are consistently taken and dimmers or relays adjust loads accordingly. Once this is done, any overhead lighting that is simply unnecessary in maintaining this level is either dimmed or set to an off position.
Special Features of Leviton Photocells
Several models, like product numbers ODC0P-W, ODC0P-S0W, and ODC0P-D0W, have dimming capabilities and are meant for mounting on surfaces or directly to ceiling boxes. Another category of line voltage photocells is available for applications that require switching of controls and demand response. Other models are offered for special needs like skylight installations and outdoor environments.
If you have any questions about finding the right devices and configurations for any application, we always suggest that you get in touch with our customer care and product support team. We’d be glad to help in directing you to whatever products can help you to start making the most out of Leviton’s unique daylight harvesting technologies.