Submersible Pump Cable
This cable line features constructions utilizing either solid or stranded bare copper conductors depending on the device, as well as PVC insulation, twisted conductors in configurations or two or three, and ratings up to 600 volts with a minimum temperature of -40 degree Celsius and a maximum temperature of 60 degrees Celsius. With more than $70 million worth of inventory nationwide for these and other cables, cutting and shipping for Submersible Cables is often possible on the same day an order is placed.
- 63CSUBFP-01 - 6 AWG 3C Submersible Pump Cable - 75C - 600V - Yellow - Cut to Length6-3 600 Volt 75C 3 Conductor w/ Ground Submersible Pump Cable - Yellow
- 83CSUBFP-01 - 8 AWG 3C Submersible Pump Cable - 75C - 600V - Yellow - Cut to Length8-3 600 Volt 75C 3 Conductor w/ Ground Submersible Pump Cable - Yellow
- 103CSUBFP-01 - 10 AWG 3C Submersible Pump Cable - 75C - 600V - Yellow - Cut to Length10-3 600 Volt 75C 3 Conductor w/ Ground Submersible Pump Cable - Yellow
- 123CSUBFP-01 - 12 AWG 3C Submersible Pump Cable - 75C - 600V - Yellow - Cut to Length12-3 600 Volt 75C 3 Conductor w/ Ground Submersible Pump Cable - Yellow
- 143CSUBFP-01 - 14 AWG 3C Submersible Pump Cable - 75C - 600V - Yellow - Cut to Length14-3 600 Volt 75C 3 Conductor w/ Ground Submersible Pump Cable - Yellow
One variety of flat, submersible pump cable available through Service Wire Company and other manufacturers that is intended for heavy-duty applications is Type THW. This is constructed with a PVC compound insulation and has parallel as well as individually insulated conductors with color coding features. Its ground insulated conductor is given a green color and it includes an overall jacket made of PVC material. The major benefit of this cable construction is that the copper stranding is quite flexible. In addition, the process of stripping the jacket material is problem-free, which certainly saves time and decreases the level of possible frustration when installing Submersible Pump Cable.
The build of Submersible Pump Cable products also provides increase protection for mechanical components and resistance to the possibility of being crushed. Aside from this, these types of cable are UL Listed and rated for their significant level of resistance to acids, alkalis, grease, and oils. Their jackets can also withstand the effects of ozone, sunlight, and weather.
Another manufacturer, Kalas, provides several specific varieties in their submersible pump cable line, all of which are made with annealed bare solid or stranded copper conductors. Like those cables available from Service Wire and Omni Cable, these are all UL 83 Type THW listed as Deep Well Submersible Pump Cable products. While all Submersible Pump Cable options are rated up to 75 degrees Celsius and 600 Volts, with special resistance to flame, gas, acid, abrasion, alkalis, and oil, there are variances in the construction of each. CBM and HD Jacketed, for instance, include PVC insulation that is run parallel with a black PVC jacket, and their internal conductors are fully encapsulated by their jackets in order to lower the risk of migration within applications involving coal bed methane.
Another option is available in which conductors are PVC-insulated and then twisted to form the cable, while an additional type has cable that is made with a uniquely flat, parallel construction. All of these choices, regardless of the exact construction, are well-suited for applications that require wiring within deep well pump casing that has been submerged.